Sustrans Sheffield

Activities of the Sheffield Sustrans Ranger group.

Sunday 30 September 2012

Our Volunteers win an award!

At the Sustrans Volunteer meeting in Doncaster yesterday (or Duncaster as Apple Maps would have it) I accepted an award on behalf of the Sheffield & Rotherham Ranger groups. Although the award was ostensibly for work on the resigning of Sheffield's routes, the  Discover South Yorkshire map, the Northern Rail Cycle Forum and the development of Route 6 into the Peak District, some of which I've taken a lead on, the fact is I couldn't have done this work had not the Volunteer group stepped up to the mark in terms of looking after the Network, leaving me some time to take on this development work. Tim & Ted in particular have done some great work, with Tim taking on the signing of 627 up to Penistone and beyond (I travelled that route this week and it was very clearly marked.) and Ted going beyond his brief as Rotherham co-ordinator to keep the routes in the east of Sheffield in reasonable order. You've all done superb work on the Network, so consider yourselves Awarded!

May I also take time to commend the North-East Derbyshire group, an area I used to look after, for the great work they've done - the ride down to Chesterfield from Rother Valley is a real pleasure.

2 comments:

SmallAdventures said...

Congrats Simon.
We (I mean you) thoroughly deserve it!

Unknown said...

Well done Simon, the Lion's share of the work was done by you in Sheffield